Wednesday, 12 October 2011

Photoshop

As you might be able to tell digital painting isn't my strong point!! I've got a way to go to catch up with the rest of the class, but hopefully with A LOT of practise I can produce something I'm happy with for my final portrait. 

1. This image was my first attempt on Photoshop, I tried combining my hair and eyes with the hyena's face and ears. This was really just to get an idea of experimenting with textures and tones. 
2. As much as I'd love to say this is how I made it a million times better!! - this is Photoshop Phil's handy work; adding colour, form and tones to my first attempt.
3./4./5. This is a study I created from a photograph of my animal. I tried to vary tones and texture. In 4 and 5 I added colour to bring the picture to life - it failed!! No just kidding it helped a little, but I've now learnt that I have to create more detail within 3 before adding colour.
6. Silhouette
         
 

1 comment:

  1. I like 2 and 5 the colours in five seam realistic and good for the hyena and two is very sad looking i think you need to show the emotion that runs through your personality which is happy! and bubbly! :D

    ReplyDelete