Sunday, 8 January 2012

Thumbnails 41 - 43

Not there yet!! I was playing around with composition and elements. Unfortunately I didn't make the wallpaper, but this is the 1912 style I will be going for! The elevator in these thumbnails is basic and in the following thumbnails I will be firstly painting them in slightly more detail and referring to the 1912 style. At the moment the dress is not in keeping with the time period, although I like the contrast. I feel its taking shape, but there is something missing, lacking. I'm not happy with these!! Hopefully after a few more I will be!




6 comments:

  1. Am loving the experimentation you are taking! So many ideas and thoughts thrown into this and its soo interesting and inspiring to watch. Who cares that that's not your own wallpaper creation right now, your jotting your ideas down that's all that matters right now :) Keep it up I look forward to seeing more! Only thing I have noticed and I could be wrong but worth checking is the perspective going into the elevator. Are the lines on the walls meant to be heading downwards like that from the shot the viewer is looking from, it looks like the elevator is going on a slope unless of course you meant for this to happen...

    ReplyDelete
  2. :D Thanks Emma!!! Literally made my day!! And yeah the perspective is out, but hopefully I'll sort it on the next lot of thumbnails :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's an 'Anna Gaskell' vibe getting started here - exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. if you have the time and money it might help you to go to the princess excerbiton in london they have on for a few more weeks. Or you should be able to find photos online. The open part of the palace is set up to tell the story of i think 8 princesses that lived there. (Like Diana and Queen Victoria) but each room is set up to tell thier life in an artistic way and they represent each princess with a dress. Its quite creepy acctually but really amazing. I think its Kensington Palance. I went in november so ill try and find my photos for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Phil :)

    That sounds amazing Sammy :) thanks for the help!!

    Thanks Chrissie :)

    ReplyDelete