Sunday, 12 February 2012

Thinking It Through

Before writing my script I need to consider what is actually going to happen inside my vending machine, which is harder than I thought it was going to be!!! The image below you might not be able to read/understand but that’s my process of thinking through the different levels in the vending machine. Each level relates to a ride/attraction at a fairground and also is what triggers the Victims movements i.e. whether he's being stretched, squashed, twisted etc. As the levels progress the fear factor increases from what was a happy, fun rides turns into a disastrous, torturing journey.

Level 1 - Tea Cups
Level 2 - Fun House
Level 3 - Grabber Machine
Level 4 - Roller Coaster
Level 5 - Bumper Cart



Below are a few inspirational videos for movements/ideas of what will happen in the machine

Sesame Street: 12 and Pinball
(found by Phil)


Kit Kat's Human Vending Machine!!
(Uncanny!!??)


Coca Cola Happiness Machine
(If my machine wasn't sinister this is what it could have turned out like!!)





No comments:

Post a Comment