Sunday, 3 February 2013

Experimentation - Thinking About Style

 
I've been really struggling with which style to choose, since Miss Havisham's Satis House has been portrayed so many times before, but watching Walt Disney's Paperman gave me the inspiration and courage to make me let go of my pre perceptions and try something new. Hence, taking inspiration from Paperman and Tim Burton's Frankenwennie I've tried to come up with a compromise of the two styles, whilst putting my own twist into play.     
 
 
With the idea of having a light, 'sketchy' outline of a 3D block model in mind, I created the following experiments. I limited the colour palette to browns, creams and a touch of blue for shadows cast. Once again focusing on a basic wedding cake shape, I've experimented with the use of a toon outliner, lighting and various blending modes when overlaying the beauty and ambient occlusion pass.  
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. I'm in love with the pin light style. It has such an eerie feel to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow Lydi, absolutely beautiful! I think i prefer ones with seen through cloth, because othewise it's quite hard understand what there is underneeth. It still feels like cloth need to be more 'cloth' material, so far it looks quite 'hard' if you get what i mean. once it will be more silk material it would show the shape of cake.

    ReplyDelete