Thursday, 10 October 2013

Maya Thumbnails: Testing Textures


This isn't what I had in mind at the start of the day ...
I wanted to experiment with styles in Maya and built a basic set to test various textures on. I used a ramp shader and projection maps to get the effect. I was aiming for a 'pencil sketch' texture, yet with the reflectivity it ended up like the render above. I continued to edit within Photoshop, trying to convey the scene as an old photograph/sketchy image. I still have a lot more experimenting to do in order to create the desired style, yet I thought these renders were interesting, hence decided to share them!




3 comments:

  1. They are interesting! However, texture overlays and AE/Photoshop filters - unless REALLY subtlety done - are a big no-no in my opinion. Especially for moving around 3D spaces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Druzg!

    Don't worry Tomithy this is just me working out ideas through Maya thumbnails - I won't continue the texture overlays into my actual animation!! :)

    ReplyDelete