Thursday, 31 October 2013

Nanny and Grandad's Song: 2D and 3D Animation Test

In my animation as I am planning to use a variety of 2D and 3D animation techniques, I have therefore begun experimenting within Maya and After Effects to create the following tests. The first clip is an example of 2D animation. I wanted it to appear as if elements are being drawn on the photograph - hence in my final animated short this could be used in reference with creating a stronger memory/complimenting the audio. The second clip is a combination of two dimensional and three dimensional techniques, using Maya to create the background render and particle falling effects and After Effects to overlay the sequence. 



Inspirations

The Fantastic Flying Books Of Mr. Morris Lessmore by William Joyce

Throughout the animation there is a 'softness' both within the lighting and texturing, which I hope to incorporate within my animated short. As my animation is to do with memories I want a haziness or 'blurriness' to the everything in the scene apart from the object/element that the sequence is focusing on - as if the audio is building an image within someones mind/memory.

Dad's Dead by Chris Shepherd

This animation's influence comes from a small segment, where the camera pans across a mantle piece revealing animated 2D elements upon occasion cards;1 minute 46 seconds to 1 minute 56 seconds (1.46-1.56). Within my animation there will be several moments when I'll animate memorabilia, photographs, postcards etc and this method will come in most handy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment