Sunday, 29 December 2013

DRAFT: Change of Direction

Modelling Continued
As I mentioned previously I felt there was something lacking, not quite right with the final renders. Colour/saturation aside, I started to experiment in photoshop with effects and colours to check if anything sparked interest! Within the first five images I used the sketch tool and a diffuse tool to soften and harden the maya renders. The fifth image with the embossed detail seems to be working, I also continued testing with sepia colouring and for whatever reason it felt as if it worked well. Continuing to experiment I decided to overlay prints/patterns of photographs I took of my Nan's furnishings - which proved to be fairly interesting - clearly there is some work to be done in terms of bringing back some of the object forms - yet I think this could be the route to go down!! 

Need Steps 
+ Experiment with render layers to make object shapes more prominent     
+ Inside of overlaying the pattern on the final render, overlay on texture maps - hence the pattern is wrapped round the object
+ Complete modelling, UV mapping and Lighting 




No comments:

Post a Comment